Thursday, December 29, 2005

MTV News Spit-Take Headline Of The Month: "Fred Durst: The Next Martin Scorsese?"

Headlines like that don't grow on trees, kids. What's the story about? In the face of such a headline, who really cares? But I'll tell you anyway. Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst tells MTV that he's expanded his cinematic oeuvre beyond the "touch-my-balls- touch-my-ass" genre.
"It's a 30-minute short film, and Wes [Borland] and I both act in it. I play an evangelist named Evan Gelis."
Subtle, no? He's got two feature-length films on tap for the future, as well, and not just cineplex fluff.
"I want to make timeless movies. I want to be beside Martin Scorsese and Wes Anderson and Paul Thomas Anderson and Francis Ford Coppola. I'm a real director."
I know, I know. Dude sounds like a celebrity impersonator in an Eminem video, but don't sell him short just yet.
"I've been blessed to have been mentored by some really great people like David Fincher and just really have absorbed it."
I know that hurt you, but I had to do it. Don't worry, he continues....
"I think I'm a storyteller, and I'm gonna apply it."
Feel free to use that in the glib "Nookie" joke of your choice.

Durst also discusses his acting gigs on NBC's Revelations miniseries, and an upcoming role in Population 436, an independent feature with the wildly promising premise of a
census-taker sent to investigate why a small town has had the same population of 436 residents for the last 100 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home