Thursday, December 29, 2005

Contrails: Hil To The Dizzle, Micronian Quizzle

What with C2's press blitz, there's a whole lotta Hilary Duff up in the internets, keeping the good folks at the indispensible hilarynet.org mighty busy these days! But I guess they do come Cheaper By The Do... ah, skip it. Anyways, if you're looking for Duff quotes, be they thoughtful, motivational, or just plain spunky, this is definitely the time to go trolling for them. Meanwhile, here are three Duff-related items in the news that U.N. Spacy found of particular interest.
  • Lycos revealed the 100 most frequent searches attempted using their search engine in 2005. Topping the list is U.N. Spacy favorite Paris Hilton. Coming in at Number 20 is Hilary Duff (up from last year's Number 21), ahead even of Jessica Simpson. This forces me again to implore you, dear readers, to tell me just who out there cares about Hilary Duff? And yes, I do see the irony in asking this question on this blog, and it hasn't brought me any closer to solving this mystery. Oh, and by the way, last year's Number 1, Janet Jackson, slipped to Number 55 in 2005.
  • Teen mag Sugar polled teenage girls on who they considered the most inspirational celeb. Sienna Miller predictably topped the list. After all, what more could a young woman aspire to than to survive infidelity? Reigning Micronian Queen Hilary Duff lands the Number 5 spot on the list, just ahead of, ahem, Charlotte Church.
  • But enough of this shameless clownin' on Hil. I mean, if you cut a Duff, does she not bleed? Seriously, does she not? I'm askin'. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that for once we should try to do nice for Hil. After all, "negativity is a mindset," and Hil tries to keep things on a positive tip. And I've got just the thing! You know what'd really be helpful? What'd really help Hil feel seriously appreciated for her strengths and talents? I'll tell you what: a Star magazine poll on whether Hil looked prettier in 2002 or 2005, that's what! "Do you prefer Hilary's face rounder or thinner?" Let your opinion count!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Angello said...

What if I prefer Duff's face hidden? In a bag? Preferably plastic?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

"if you cut a Duff, does she not bleed?"

I dunno about bleeding, but last time she was cut they sucked a bunch of fat out of her cheeks.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home