Monday, December 26, 2005

"Cheaper By the Dozen 2": Biggest Non-Giant Ape, Non-Gay Cowboy, Non-Fantasy Franchise, Non-Boy Wizard Movie Opening Weekend Ever.

According to Box Office Mojo, Micronian Queen Hilary Duff's new motion picture extravaganza, Cheaper By the Dozen 2: Cheaperer* reigned over the box office this weekend, earning just over $9 million during the Christmas three-day period. Evidently we all heeded Hil's urging "Don't miss C2!" Good for all of us.

In other news, I was forced to see The Producers, which is quite bad. Just boring and poorly staged. Unimaginative. Put it this way: If the film had been based on a book instead of a stage show, the movie would have been Mel Brooks reading the book aloud to you. It's also possibly offensive. I'm not sure, but I think it hates gay people. Call me nuts, but in 2005, I don't think it's appropriate to make "Look at the funny fag" jokes**. On the other hand, I've never been to a broadway show, and my friend says that's pretty much all they are, so what the hell do I know?

*Note: we also considered the subtitle Cheap Harder, as well as immediately disqualifiying Electric Boogaloo due to overuse.

**Amuse your friends! Next time you get a fortune cookie, instead of saying "In bed", say "On Brokeback Mountain."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home