Monday, October 03, 2005

Paris Hilton-Paris Latsis Engagement Over

Paris Hilton has announced an end to the engagement that most celebrity-obsessed pundits declared dead about a month ago. The report comes from Hilton's exclusive interview with Us Weekly, which should guarantee her a strong Photo Death Match showing at the end of this week.
“I'm sad to announce that I've called off my engagement. Over the last couple months I've realized that this is the right decision for me. We remain best of friends, and I'll always love him. I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time."

"Exclusive" means less and less these days, Hilton quickly sharing her story with the Associated Press as well.

"I feel I'm just not ready for marriage. I have seen the breakups between people who love each other and rush into getting married too quickly. I do not want to make that mistake. I'm still young and still have a very active career that I'm not prepared to give up. I have worked very hard to get to where I am. Paris is a great guy and we will handle this with dignity and respect."

Much has been made of Hilton's assertion that a marriage to Latsis would conflict with her "very active career." I argue that this concern was well-founded; Hilton would probably be forced to dedicate the bulk of her time to defusing the demented public ramblings of a clinically senile father-in-law.

Unsurprisingly, anonymous sources are lining up to backdate the split.

“They really broke up a month ago.... They are just very different people. But Paris hoped things would get better. They didn't so she decided it was best to move on.”
If true, this may explain The Simple Life's otherwise ridiculous decision not to center the show's fourth season around Hilton's and Nicole Richie's respective wedding arrangements.

Although the couple no longer plan to marry, don't expect this to be the last time you see the couple together.
"We will also be business partners and have movies in the works."
You people have filthy, filthy minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home