Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ashlee Simpson Returning To 'SNL'

Who can forget Ashlee Simpson's SNL lipsyncing fiasco? Who even wants to?

Back in August we told you that Superdad Joe Simpson taught his daughters to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and go at it. We also told you that Ash was in talks to reprise her SNL singing stint - or rather, to take another shot at doing it the first time. Well, this Saturday it's actually happening. MTV reports:
Ashlee Simpson is returning to the scene of the crime — she's going back on "Saturday Night Live."

Now whether that's a brave or stupid thing to do remains to be seen, but come Saturday, the singer is going to try to get past the water-cooler moment that practically defined her career last year
and turn it into something triumphant — overcoming her fears and facing her imperfections in one fell swoop. "That would be a great opportunity, that would be great for me," Simpson said.

"I think everything happens for a reason," she added. "I feel like I became a stronger person and I definitely grew from that situation. I really learned how to stand up for myself."

Throughout the whole debacle, Simpson said her family stayed right by her side, especially older sister Jessica, who remains "absolutely" supportive. "Dude, she's been through everything," Ashlee said.
First let's talk hard facts. If Ash gets caught lipsyncing on SNL a second time, it'll be because she wants to. And while that might be great fun for everybody, it's extremely unlikely that those are her intentions. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Which is why no one will bother to tune in for her "comeback" performance on Saturday.

Secondly, I know we're all still a little shell-shocked over her separation from that guy she used to be married to, but if Jessica Simpson's "been through everything," then I'm gonna go ahead and say that I've been through the digestive tract of a manatee. I'm just sayin'.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to check this site out:

My wife saves alot of money using this thing. I love it!!!


Misspelledauctions.com

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home