Friday, September 30, 2005

Hilary Duff's 18th Birthday Party: A Portrait In Quotes

And the belated Hilary Duff birthday festivities continue! MTV has a whole buffet of warmed-over quotes about the star's Big 18. First off, Hilary herself says,
"I remember thinking when I was such a little girl that 18 was like so old and cool. And now I'm like, it's just normal."
Good Charlotte's Benji Madden says Hil's age is merely catching up with her advanced maturity.
"She's years beyond her age. Honestly, she acts older than Joel [Madden]."
Unfortunately, Benji, you've utterly failed to illustrate your point. Benji also says he's offered to take to newly-legal Micronian Queen for her first tattoo. U.N. Spacy had already thought of this, and strongly suggest "La Bella Vista" placed on an ass-cheek, contingent on space availabilty. But it looks as though this will not come to pass. Says Hil,
"I mean, obviously I don't have anything against [tattoos], because look at my boyfriend. But I think I would just get so bored with it, looking at the same thing over and over again. And [Joel's] found a simple solution to that — he just keeps adding more and more and more. But I don't think I could. I don't like that pain."
Joel co-hosted Wednsday's party with Hil's mom Susan and "sister" Haylie, and also arranged a much smaller event for the previous night. Says Joel,
"We went out to dinner at this nice restaurant, and then I told her we were going to go see 'The Corpse Bride.' She's really been wanting to see it."
I imagine she would! She did play the title role, after all. All right, all right, stop your booing. Joel continues.
"Then I was like, 'Oh, I left the tickets at home.' ... I can't come up with anything better than leaving the tickets at home. So she's like, 'Just buy 'em at the theater and you can return those,' and I was like, 'No, I wanna go get 'em.' I brought her home and I had, like, a cake and balloons and I sang her 'Happy Birthday' and gave her all her presents."
I'm guessing that after reading that you'll want to asphyxiate an orphan. But before you do that, let's talk gifts. Hil lists some highlights from her haul.
"I got a couple of really cool sentimental things from Joel, and then he also got me this thing that I've wanted for a really long time, which is this big Louis Vuitton makeup case and it's so beautiful."
Haylie bought Hil a ring from Louis Vuitton and, in MTV's words, "splurged" on a Chanel necklace, which I think means "traded three 'dates' for." Benji gave Hil a painting, which he describes as,
"Pop surrealism, my favorite up-and-coming style of art."
I dunno, Benji. That sounds entirely too edgy for my tastes. Also waaay too up-and-coming.

Evidently the festivities were to the Micronian's Queen liking, as she declares,
"I've never had a birthday this cool before."
We really strongly recommend that you check out those videos I posted earlier. I could transcribe some of it, but lines like "They brought me Starbucks" and "So, like, insane" just don't translate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent site. Drop by sometime. work at home

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home