Friday, September 09, 2005

Contrails: Witherspoon Takes Swipe At Micronian Queen

  • Gwen Stefani tells Us that Hurricane Katrina prompted her to scale back her hair design to a sleek, high ponytail. "With the hurricane," Stefani says, "I didn't want to do anything too extreme."
  • In a recent interview (haven't found the actual transcript yet), Reese Witherspoon comments on Hilary Duff's entertainment industry clout. "I guess I need to diversify and sell more products," says Witherspoon. "Got to get on that perfume." I think she's being facetious, but I'm betting she'll be pitched a fragrance marketing strategy by the end of September.
  • Page Six overhears Mary-Kate Olsen ranting about model May Anderson: "I'll kill that fucking slut!" Anderson is dating Olsen's ex, David Katzenberg. In a one-on-one battle, U.N. Spacy wouldn't bet on Olsen, so we're counting on the hit to involve Dave Coulier and a hockey stick.
  • More songs for you: The Raincoats doing "Only Loved At Night" from 1981, and The Fake Fictions more recent "Lasso The Moon." Or if you're feeling especially daring, try a taste of Finland with Islaja's "Sata naakkaa sitten."
  • Lindsay Lohan takes a hurricane refugee under her wing. The details of this story are impossibly hazy, but I think that's supposed to be half the fun of it.
  • CBGB was served eviction papers yesterday. Not a goddamn thing funny 'bout that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my weight loss pill related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Jack McKinney said...

Yeah, it wasn't anything special, and I didn't find anything of interest.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Thanks for putting up Lasso the Moon. We're reworking a bunch of our songs right now for a new album.

Do I know you?

- Sarah, FF

9:30 AM  
Blogger Jack McKinney said...

Thanks for popping in Sarah! No, you don't know me. But I happen to have a copy of your EP - which I've very much enjoyed - and happened to notice that my favorite track was available as an mp3 on your website.

I've already heard a couple of raves about it. It really is a great song.

I've got a question for you, though. How did you find us? We're not exactly a heavy-traffic site!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS is NICk from the Fake Fictions and I just want to say that we google our own band name all the time and that's how we found ourselves on your website. THANKS AGAIN.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home