Tuesday, August 09, 2005

"Wild on Tara" possible sign of Apocalypse.


Set your fucking VCRs, people. E! is broadcasting the premiere episode of "Wild on Tara" tomorrow night at 10 P.M. EST. Supposedy my Lady Paris makes an impromptu appearance. Hopefully the future Mr. Hilton will also be seen slinking around, rockin' his truly amazing fashion sense. I hear he calls it his "Homeless Tycoon Steez". But that's neither here nor there.

Tara recently spoke to USA Today about the show, and the article is one of the greatest, if totally transparent, PR moves ever. It's basically an attempt to prove that the show isn't garbage and therefore OK to watch, then directly implies that it's in fact total garbage, and exactly the kind of total garbage you are dying to watch.

First the article discusses Tara's reputation as a party girl, making reference to the now ancient red-carpet nip-slip from way back in 2004. Quickly defused: "Everyone knows I love to have a good time. That's something I've never denied, but it's not all I do." Then we move on to a brief summary of Tara's recent film and TV work before getting to "Wild On...", which the paper describes thusly:
Reid has been spending the summer jet-setting around Europe, parasailing and partying with pal Paris Hilton in Greece, driving a Formula One race car in Monte Carlo and covering the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.
See, Middle America? "Wild on Tara" will absolutely not be about some semi-famous drunken slut parading around in exotic locales and flashing her tits. Or will it...?

Says Tara: "This is nothing like the old Wild On with a bunch of frat kids going crazy, it's about finding the culture and monuments. It's like you're following me on this incredible journey, and you're going to feel like you're one of my friends."

Like Lindsay Lohan? Or Tommy Lee?

Reid shared some of what she has learned: St. Tropez, France, is one big party. Sardinia, Italy, is her pick for most romantic city. In Mykonos, Greece, sea urchins with olive oil and lemon are said to be aphrodisiacs.

"At first I thought there was no way I was going to eat one of those. But let me tell you, they got something going on there. I was like, 'Woo hoo.' "

In all her travels, Reid says she has yet to find her summer love.

"But I'm waiting, baby! We might even capture it on camera if it happens in Europe."

I've got her summer love right here:
And it ain't that dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home