Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Rolling Stone Cuddle-Up: Diddy To Preserve The Sexy, Then Retire

I know I said I'd be covering stories from my free issue of Rolling Stone all weekend long, but I was far too busy looking at Donald Judd sculptures and listening to Steve Reich albums to bother with your crass desires for Gwen Stefani quotes. I'll try to catch up quickly.

In RS's coverage of MTV's Video Music Awards, host Diddy (regrettably listed as "Puffy") reveals the tone and style he'll bring to the VMAs.
"I'm not gonna make it hokey or corny.... I'm-a preserve the sexy. We knew it wouldn't be my strength to read off a teleprompter.... Instead of focusing on telling jokes, I think it's very important for me to give an experience."
Similar to skydiving or bungie jumping, only with Moonmen and commercials, this'll doubtless be one of the best things that's ever happened in our lives, and we will all cherish the memory for all time. At the end of the interview Diddy changes it up a little - just like in his music videos - to disclose that his next album will be his last.
"It's not as dramatic as Jay-Z, but there's other things I've gotta focus on as an executive, as a producer and as an actor."
I'm getting pretty psyched for the retired MC battles of the next ten years. The field is widening, diversifying, and maturing, but there's only room at the top for one King of Defunct Hip-Hop. There's little doubt in my mind that we're in store for some seriously brutal inactive rivalries in the future, and more than a few fierce beef non-raps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home