Friday, August 26, 2005

Contrails: Unreleased Kanye West Joints

  • Free mp3s of two import-only bonus tracks from Kanye West's new Late Registration album! "We Can Make It Better" features no less than Talib Kweli, Q-Tip, Common, and Rhymefest. Where I come from, we call that pure fire. "Back To Basics" is a collabo with Common. Rumor has it that the verses from this one were intended for an aborted remix of Common's "The Corner" single. At one time Nas had also committed to contribute to the remix, but that unfortunately never panned out.
  • Wondering where Mos Def is in those songs? I dunno for sure, but I'm guessing her was off somewhere exchanging vows and making babies!
  • Leaving hip-hop behind, Lindsay Lohan and Ashlee Simpson reportedly settled their beef at an Irvine, CA Coldplay concert - and without the help of switchblades or a kiddie pool filled with pudding. Says Lohan's rep, "They never really had such issues -- all fodder." Lohan's rep is no fun, and clearly a negative force in my life. I'm totally removing her from my forwarded-jokes email address book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home