Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Contrails: Hilary Duff To "Wail" On Upcoming Neurosis Album

  • Sean Combs, formerly P. Diddy, announces a new nickname: Diddy. This change is not simply a bid for headline realestate, it's both a time saver and a social lubricant. "[P]eople were uncomfortable when I'd meet them for the first time, and then they'd ask me what they should call me." Sculpted down to a mere two syllables, the leaner babytalk moniker should eliminate these problems, though I'm still surprised he didn't go with my suggestion.
  • Who knew Hilary Duff was such a badass?!? All this time I had Hil pegged for an Ashlee Simpson to Kelly Clarkson kind of girl. Looks like she's more an Ashlee Simpson to Evanescence girl! (via A Socialite's Life)
  • Speaking of Ashlee, her new boyfriend-gaffling anthem is so totally not about Lindsay Lohan (though it can't possibly hurt that everyone thinks it is). Ash is also in talks to appear on another episode of SNL. Says Ash, "I've obviously fallen on my face before in front of a bunch of people, but I've learned it's a beautiful thing." As UN Spacy recalls, it really was a beatiful thing. Also, Ash is gearing up for a tour. "Me and my band have been rehearsing," she says. UN Spacy won't even try to top that punchline.
  • Jessica Alba already has some plot ideas for sequels to the aggressively foul Fantastic Four. UN Spacy genuinely looks forward to seeing Alba's FF4.2 treatment. Readers may not know this, but Alba leads an annual screenwriting seminar at Sundance, and also invented the ThighMaster.
  • Finally, one year ago today Nicky Hilton married Todd Andrew Meister. We propose that readers take a moment to reflect on what might've been. (Thanks again to A Socialite's Life.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home