Monday, July 25, 2005

Soderbergh's 'Kafka' Undergoing Metamorphosis

In a short interview in Film Review magazine, Ocean's 12 director Steven Soderbergh reveals that he's taken on the task of re-cutting Kafka, his much-maligned 1991 sophomore film, starring Jeremy Irons.
"While we were doing Ocean's, I went back in to re-organize it. It's a completely different film. There's new material - stuff that I shot that never made the movie is now in there. I'm doing it for my own interest - to see if I can make something out of it that I'm happier with. I think the goal, ultimately, is to put out a double DVD with the original and the new version."
Regrettably, Soderbergh fails to seize the opportunity to propose that "films are now like The White Album, permitting for two discs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home